Thursday, January 10, 2013

On a serious note... St. John's Wort

      Alright, so around Novemberish I was having issues... I didn't feel myself, I felt kinda like everything/everyone was moving on without me. Okay, so one of my best friends from high school came to my college with me, except she lives in an off campus (but practically on campus) apartment with her sister and a few other seniors (we're both freshman) and well I live at home like 30 minutes away... and basically I think we're drifting apart :/  and well honestly she was the only close friend I had left that hadn't moved away :/ besides my boyfriend. And I wasn't doing so well with my grades and I was upset about my grandmother leaving (she had stayed with us for 6 months) and it was all very bleak, PLUS IT WAS WINTERTIME :(
And honestly I felt like I wanted to fall asleep and never wake up, I didn't know what I was doing or what made me happy anymore... So anyways I took a few depression quizzes online and I always came up with moderately depressed, and honestly I probably overreacted and it was probably just situational depression, or maybe even cuz it was winter but at the time I felt so flat. My mother had Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD for short lololol) and that was why we moved here from London, and so I guess it could've even been that.

Anyways, so I did some research on natural remedies for mild depression and the like and I came up with St. John's Wort and 5-htp as options, and I figured I would try St. John's Wort first because somehow it seemed more natural, and my mom was not happy about it, but we'll get to that later, anyways the supplements I bought (the ones in the pic) were to be taken SIX times a day.



And I did take them for about a week, and honestly I don't think it had any affect on my mood (it probably wasn't long enough for it to be able to take effect), but gosh my dreams were EPIC. It was like I could remember VIVIDLY my dreams THROUGHOUT the night, and it was not good >.>

Anyways, if you are going to try St.John's Wort you should read into it, it has MANY drug interactions, and there has been talk of infertility being caused by it, although I don't think there is much evidence, either way, go about it carefully and well informed. 

Later, my dad found the bottle and threw a fit, and he threw it away (I had stopped using it anyways) and told me that pills were not the solution and that I should get out more and exercise or something... which I suppose is pretty solid advice... which I have yet to take...

Although I did stop biting my nails again ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment